VISITING SOMEONE WHO HAS ACCESS TO SELBY LAKE AND WANT TO LAUNCH YOUR BOAT?
It is mandatory to have a valid wash certificate (from the Town of Dunham or another municipality’s wash station) for :
- Non-taxpaying users (renters or visitors) who wish to launch a motorized boat;
- Taxpaying users (residents or owners) whose motorized watercraft with a sticker has been navigating on a body of water other than Selby Lake.
It is not mandatory to have a wash certificate for non-motorized boats. However, you must wash your non-motorized boat yourself before and after putting it in the water (using hot water and avoiding that the water from the wash runs into the lake).
* In compliance with Selby Lake Protection By-law 429-21, it is mandatory for Selby Lake users (renters, residents and owners) to have a sticker. Non-taxpaying users (visitors) are required to have their motorized watercraft inspected and washed prior to launching and must have a valid wash certificate for that watercraft. They are not required to have a sticker.
HOW TO ACCESS THE SERVICE?
The boat wash is located in the municipal garage at 130 Malenfant Road. The service is free of charge and you will be given a wash certificate once your boat has been washed.
You can make an appointment with the Town to have your boat washed at any time. Make an appointment by email at email@example.com or by phone at 450-295-2418! The hours of operation are as follows
- Monday to Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. / 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday from 8:30 am to 12 pm
WHY VISITORS MUST HAVE A WASH CERTIFICATE?
This measure ensures that all boats that have sailed on another body of water are free of Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS). This promotes a rich and healthy biodiversity and prevents the growth of AIS such as zebra mussels and Eurasian watermilfoil. For more details, consult this Guide to Avoiding the Spread of AIS.