New subsidy program for washable, reusable diapers, feminine hygiene and incontinence products
To encourage the use of cloth diapers and reusable feminine hygiene products while reducing the environmental effects of landfills, the Town of Dunham has implemented a new subsidy program for cloth diapers and hygiene products.
In the long term, this program allows families to save money on the purchase of diapers for their child(ren) and to reduce the cost of getting rid of disposable diapers. To do this, the Town offers to partially pay for a minimum of 15 diapers, up to a maximum of $200 per applicant, per year.
The Town of Dunham is going one step further by choosing to offer the same program for washable and reusable feminine hygiene and incontinence products.
To benefit from this subsidy, complete the APPLICATION FORM, with signature, and return it with the required supporting documents:
- Proof of residence within the Town of Dunham;
- Proof of purchase of washable and reusable products;
- The application must be submitted to the Town within six (6) months from the date of purchase, and the purchase must be made after the by-law comes into effect.*
In the case of a request for washable diapers for children, please add:
- a copy of the birth certificate of the child receiving the diapers [must be two (2 ) years of age or younger];
- original invoices for the purchase of a minimum of 15 new or pre-owned diapers with proof of payment;
- proof of guardianship of the child, if the applicant is not the child’s parent.
Calculation of Financial Assistance
The financial assistance granted under this program is an amount equivalent to 50% of the purchase cost, before taxes, of the products covered within the by-law, to a maximum of $200 per applicant, per year.
For further details, please consult: *Règlement no 442-22 établissant un programme d’encouragement à l’utilisation de couches, de produits d’hygiène féminine et de produits d’incontinence lavables et réutilisables