Following the latest public consultations, the Administration and Municipal Council wish to bring together members of the community to discuss various urban planning issues in Dunham.
The Town of Dunham’s Table de l’Habitation 2023, which will be made up of six citizen members and two municipal councillors, will be set up to address four urban planning issues.
Prior to the creation of the Table de l’Habitation, a public consultation was held on June 13, 2023. This consultation provided an opportunity to explain the process underway and hear participants’ concerns.
ROLE OF THE TABLE DE L’HABITATION
The role of the Table de l’habitation 2023 is to make recommendations to the Administration and City Council to adapt bylaws to current issues and concerns, while taking into account the municipal and legal context.
OBJECTIVES OF THE HOUSING TABLE
- Identify “how” to develop the city’s white zones;
- Identify current urban planning issues and concerns shared by community members;
- Establish a clear vision for the Town’s development;
- Adapt municipal bylaws to address current urban planning issues;
- Ensure a dialogue between the Administration, the Municipal Council and the community;
- Determine steps for community consultation;
- Explore best practices in other municipalities.
* The Table de l’habitation is not part of a formal bylaw amendment project process. It is a consultation process to improve existing by-laws.
APPLY – BEFORE JULY 17
To become a member of the Table de l’habitation 2023, send your CV and cover letter to the Service de l’aménagement et du développement du territoire. Make sure you are available for the four scheduled meetings (see dates below).
- 450 295-2418 ext. 6121
- Applications received by July 17, 2023
- Announcement of selected members – August 1, 2023
HOUSING TABLE MEETINGS :
- August 10, 2023
- August 24, 2023
- September 7, 2023
- September 21, 2023