The Town of Dunham is pleased to launch the development of its first park and green spaces
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF A PARKS AND GREEN SPACES MANAGEMENT PLAN?
A Parks and Open Spaces Management Plan is a planning tool that outlines the current situation and proposes a plan of action to guide the optimal development of the Town’s parks and open spaces. It highlights the strengths and weaknesses of public spaces and identifies the current and future needs of the community.
WHAT ARE THE STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT?
- Conduct inventory and inspection of parks and green spaces;
- Draw up a list of findings;
- Analyze the socio-demographic profile of the population;
- Explore the best trends in the field;
- Consult with local stakeholders;
- Develop a public consultation process (survey).
- Synthesize all data collected to date;
- Establish a vision for the development of parks and green spaces;
- Identify the directions and goals for achieving this vision;
- Identify the major issues.
3. ACTION PLAN
- Identify plan performance indicators;
- Identify actions;
- For each action: identify the priority level, estimate the initial and recurring investment, determine the deadline and assign a manager.
HOW TO STAY INFORMED?
Visit this web page frequently, advancements and news will be posted here.